Monday, 19 November 2012
The King of Comedy Gets Me Laughing
The world would be a pretty boring place if we didn't laugh or smile once in a while. Constantly worrying about money, our health, and relationships can exacerbate our problems. We need to pause, take our mind off things, and come back to them with a lighter mind. One way to do this is with laughter. One person who gets me laughing is the legendary Woody Allen. I've decided to share some of his funny musings with my audience below. Enjoy!
1. "Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons."
2. "I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."
3. "There are worse things in life than death. Have you ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman?"
4. "Love is the answer, but while you're waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty interesting questions."
5. "A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no'."
6. "Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."
7. "I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens."
8. "I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose."
9. "If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans."
10. "The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have."